What we do
BuildEast is an informal alliance of the 14 largest developing housing associations based across the East of England, committed to providing a range of housing that meets the needs and ambitions of our divergent communities.
Collectively BuildEast plans to build at least 22,000 homes over the next 5 years, directly employs more than 4,500 people, manages in excess of 150,000 properties and houses over 300,000 people.
BuildEast work together to:
- Make the case for investment in housing
- Consider the impact of government policy on housing associations
- Share information/experience to help improve the efficiency of BuildEast members
- Form a lobbying body on issues we want to try and influence
- Raise the profile of housing associations through insightful research
- Network and try to influence key decision makers